Who We Are
Clear Lane Freight Systems, Eco friendly – Economy long haul LTL solution for 3PL’s and their customers
Clear Lane Freight Systems was founded in 2012 by LTL (less than a truckload) industry veterans Tom Nagel and Ingi Torfason. The goal was to fill a need for economical long haul LTL service.
Ingi and Tom have the unique experience of having worked in both operations, quality and sales management for major carriers for decades. Their insight into the industry, skills learned, and relationships built during their careers laid the foundation for Clear Lane.
The LTL industry has evolved rapidly since being deregulated in 1980. Clear Lane is ushering in new ways of providing LTL services. When Clear Lane started operations in June of 2012, it was the first LTL provider dedicated exclusively to the 3PL industry. The business model is simple: utilize technology to build a non asset based network using available capacity of regional LTL partners for reliable pickup and delivery service. Transportation between strategically located hubs is provided by intermodal service, ensuring capacity and price stability. More and more carriers and shippers are converting from over the road to intermodal. In addition to greater capacity and price advantage, intermodal provides a safer and more environmentally friendly method of moving freight in long haul lanes.
In return for slightly longer transit times, Clear Lane is able to provide economy service for shippers that do not require faster transit.
By partnering with some of the largest 3PL’s in the industry and their productive sales organizations, Clear Lane is able to reach large numbers of small to medium size shippers. Clear Lane relies exclusively on our 3PL partner’s sales force and therefore does not compete with 3PL’s for customers. Unlike traditional carriers who view customers of 3PL’s as secondary, we are committed to excellence in our relationships with the shippers who contract with 3PL’s.
The 3PL’ s customer base has allowed Clear Lane to quickly build a comprehensive and sizeable long haul LTL network.
The key to Clear Lane’s growth and success has been our staff of dedicated transportation professionals, most with many years of experience with other carriers. They take pride in handling every situation that may come up as an opportunity to go beyond the norm to provide exceptional customer service.
Our future is bright. Backed by an investment from a major asset based LTL carrier, Clear Lane will continue to invest in technology and experienced staff. Clear Lane Freight Systems is well positioned both financially and operationally for further expansion and service improvements.
Service + Experience + Quality + Value = Clear Lane Advantage
Tom Nagel, President/CEO - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ingi Torfason, Chief Operating Officer - Ingi.email@example.com
Paul O'Brien, Vice President of Operations - firstname.lastname@example.org
Brett Christenson, Vice President of Sales - email@example.com
Emily Nagel, Director of Administration - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Cole, Director of Operation - email@example.com
Trudy Clausen, Manager of Accounting - firstname.lastname@example.org
Britny Murray, Customer Service Manager - email@example.com
Lori Wick, Shipment Data Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandy Bernhardt, Pricing-A/R Manager - email@example.com
Clear Lane Freight Systems' Core Values are TEAMWORK, EXCELLENCE, COMMITMENT and CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Everything we do at Clear Lane Freight Systems reflects these values and we constantly strive to improve.
Providing support to one another, working co-operatively, respecting one another's views and making our work environment fun and enjoyable.
Always doing what we say we will and striving for excellence and quality in everything we do.
Working with urgency and commitment to be successful from individual and company perspectives.
Our customers deserve our service - timely, responsive, proactive, meeting their needs and requirements.
Monday, May 28th- Memorial Day
Wednesday, July 4th- 4th of July
Monday, September 3rd- Labor Day
Thursday, November 22nd- Thanksgiving
Friday, November 23rd- Day after Thanksgiving
Monday, December 24th- Christmas Eve
Tuesday, December 25th- Christmas Day
CLEAR LANE FREIGHT SYSTEMS CONTINUES TO EXPAND LTL ECONOMY SERVICE
During the times of capacity crunch and higher LTL rates being charged by the non-asset based carriers Clear Lane is on the move!
Clear Lane Freight Systems recently expanded its non-time sensitive, economy LTL coverage in multiple new and existing markets.
In addition to adding coverage, we continue to improve our transportation network combining over the road service in shorter lanes, and dependable intermodal service in the long-haul lanes.
Some of the highlights of the latest service offerings:
- To and from the west coast to parts of Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Louisiana
- To and from the Pacific Northwest and Midwest to Texas, parts of Alabama, Arkansas and Oklahoma and Louisiana
- To and from the Northeast, Midwest parts of the Southeast to the Rocky Mountain states of New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Montana
- Expanded delivery areas in Michigan and Kentucky
- Over the road team service from the Northeast to the state of Florida
- Over the road service to and from the Midwest to and from the Northeast and Southeast
Our business model
Commencing operations in June 2012, Clear Lane was the first provider of long-haul Economy LTL service dedicated to the 3rd party logistics industry.
Our business model of providing lower rates in return for longer transit times is founded on our belief that intermodal LTL service will gain a much larger share of the LTL market than it enjoys today.
The factors which point to the certain advantage of our business model are:
- Driver shortages will continue and are projected to worsen with tighter regulations of Hours of Service
- Increased highway congestion as public funding for maintenance and new roads can't keep up with demand. One intermodal train replaces 280 trucks
- Fuel prices will continue to be volatile based on supply and demand which leads to instability of shipping rates.
- Environmental concerns. Intermodal LTL service is three times as fuel efficient than trucks. Shifting 10% of long haul freight from truck to rail would save nearly one billion gallons of fuel yearly according to study by the Federal Railroad Administration. Replacing OTR with intermodal transportation of shipments of more than 1,000 miles reduces greenhouse gas by 65% according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Railroads are investing heavily in increasing capacity by hiring additional crews, adding track, building additional intermodal ramps and technology
- Intermodal service has become faster, more reliable, provides real-time tracking, and unmatched competitive cost advantages.
While our longer transit times may be restrictive for some shippers, Clear Lane can offer your cost conscious customers who do not require faster transit time a solution that will provide substantial savings.
We appreciate your business and support and look forward to growing our business with you.